Thursday, July 21, 2011

Corn Capital Days 2011



A couple of weeks ago I received an email from a 17-year-old girl from Blaine whose first name was Olivia.  She was so thrilled to discover a city in Minnesota with the same first name.  In my return email I suggested she come to Olivia for Corn Capital Days and have some sweet corn.  She emailed me back that she is coming for the Saturday festivities.  Olivia will be one of the many guests our community will have over the many days of Corn Capital Days.  Lots of former residents will be returning to see family and friends.  I encourage everyone to enjoy the celebration, share the fun.  Many, many, many volunteers work every hard and long to make this civic festival a huge success so  make sure to thank any and all you know who have contributed in any way.  Let’s have a safe and fun Corn Capital Days. 
Congratulations to Pastor Russ Jacobsen and his new wife, Janelle. It is my hope that they will have a long and successful stay in our beautiful city.  We also bid farewell to Pastor Ric Jacobsen and wife, Joy as they begin their new position in New Ulm.  Hopefully we will see them on occasion as New Ulm is not that far away.
I applaud the City of Morton’s Yard of the Week program.  I noticed the sign a few weeks back while driving through Morton and thought it was a very interesting idea.  Is something like this possible in Olivia?  I would think so, if anyone or group (gardening club) is interesting in this, let’s chat about it.  I’m pretty sure Morton wouldn’t mind if we “borrowed” their idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment