Sunday, July 31, 2011

Corn Capital Days are Fun!


Corn Capital Days has come and gone with its usual success.  Nester Park looked great in spite of the loss of 12 trees.  Thank you to the city workers.  Thank you also to all the many people who volunteer their time to make this event successful.  The weather was the usual hot July summer day but spirits are always cheery and it is so much fun to see past residents and friends.  I heard so many positive comments about our city, how nice it looks, the beautiful streets and the warmth and friendliness of the people.  I truly enjoyed riding in the parade with my two grandnieces from St. Paul.  They also love our festival; especially the sweet corn which I felt was excellent.  Kudos to the Schmoll Family for providing the corn and always coming through for the city.  From my serving station, it seemed like there were more people in the park than previous years.  I know there were more Arts and Crafts booths in the park than previous and thank you to the Kiwanis for organizing it.  Crazy Days was fun and I appreciate all the bargains the businesses have to offer.  A new treat this year was the corn ice cream cones at Citizens State Bank.  I hope that becomes an annual event, it was great.  The Arts and Craft show at Master’s is always a favorite of mine.  The Kiddie Parade, the Car Show, the Library Used Book Sale are all successful events that could not be done without loads of volunteer time.  The Methodist Church Kids Fair was fun and I know people enjoyed the Outdoor Community Bingo at Golden Living Center and the Outdoor Worship Service.  There were numerous music venues this year with something for everyone.  It was terrific to have the teen dance on Friday night at Nester Park and the kids seemed to be having a terrific time.  The Lions Fly-In Pancake Breakfast was its usual fun event with lots of folks enjoying the meal.  Thanks to all those volunteers.  I know there were events I didn’t participate in because of visiting family, but my city relatives thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  I thank all who volunteered in any way.  It was a wonderful festival.  Congratulations to everyone who contributed to the success of Corn Capital Days.    

No comments:

Post a Comment